To provide unparalleled levels of Yoga instruction and stress reduction in a calm, peaceful, safe and beautiful environment.
Re-Opening For In-Studio Classes Still Pending...
We're still awaiting a date from the state permitting fitness centers and gyms in lower Michigan to re-open for in-person, in-studio classes. We have our social distancing and cleanliness Policies and Procedures in place and are ready to serve you safely in-studio once permitted to do so.
In the meantime, we've expanded our UpDog Yoga From Home Online offerings to be more robust with a variety of classes and instructors. Plus, all of our Outdoor Events and In-studio Workshops continue as previously scheduled and more being added regularly. Just like our In-Studio Yoga Classes, all In-Studio Workshops have limited capacity in order to maintain 6-ft. social distancing and pre-registration is required (no walk-ins at this time). You can stay updated and view them all by clicking the Workshops page.
Once again, we greatly appreciate your support and patience as we await the state's permission to serve you with In-Studio classes. Your response to our online and outdoor offerings thus far has been great, and we are grateful to maintain our connection with you and the entire UpDog community!
Should you have any additional questions or needs, please let us know:
Join Us For NEW Weekly Online Live Stream Classes!
While we're still awaiting a date from the state to be permitted to re-open for In-Studio classes, we've expanded and enhanced our UpDog Yoga From Home Online offerings which now include:
- Weekly ONLINE Live Stream Classes led virtually by an UpDog instructor at pre-scheduled times each day of the week so you can tune-in live in real-time
- Facebook Video Library with full access to 270 individual, pre-recorded Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness class videos from UpDog instructors for viewing anytime at your convenience
Weekly ONLINE Live Stream classes, led virtually by an UpDog instructor, enable you to enjoy a variety of regularly scheduled online Yoga and Meditation classes in real-time from the comfort of your own home at pre-scheduled times each day of the week. Pre-registration for each class you'd like to attend is required.
How It Works:
- Pre-register for online classes on any given day/week of your choice directly from the UpDog class schedule at our website or the MindBody app. - just like you would if you were pre-registering for an in-person class, so no extra steps or other sites/platforms to access. Everything automatically syncs to your UpDog Yoga account with us!
- Visit the Schedule page of our website and look for the classes listed as "ONLINE LIVE STREAM". Note there are separate Online Live Stream schedules for either Rochester or Sterling Hgts. studio locations. Any existing class packages you have will be valid for Online Live Stream classes at the studio location you originally purchased them, or you may always purchase additional Online Live Stream classes for either location:
Once you pre-register online, a link will be emailed to you to join the class 30 min. prior to the scheduled class time (if you register less than 30-min. prior to class start, you can still attend and will receive a link within a couple of minutes). Click the link sent via email at class time, follow the prompts to access the live stream, and enjoy your class!
Please check your spam folder if you do not receive the email and also confirm your email address on file with us is up-to-date by visiting My UpDog Account
- If you already have Class Packs on your account, your package will be deducted one class for each Online Live Stream class you attend (excludes free classes on July 7).
- Unlimited package holders with an active membership can attend any Online Live Stream classes anytime, plus access our Facebook Video Library of over 270 pre-recorded classes, at no additional cost. Just sign-up online for any classes you'd like to attend.
- If you're new to UpDog, don't already have an existing UpDog class package, or your package has expired, visit the Pricing page of our website to view all the class package options which include everything from Online Live Stream Single Class purchases to Monthly Unlimited Online, to Unlimited In-Studio/Online package combos:
Facebook Video Library - Available Now!
The UpDog Yoga From Home Online Facebook Group is still available ongoing. It's stocked with a complete video library of over 270 pre-recorded Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness classes, from a variety of UpDog instructors, which you can view at your convenience anytime!
How It Works:
To access the video library once logged into "UpDog Yoga From Home" on Facebook:
- From a laptop go to the "Media" tab to view and scroll thru the complete video menu.
- From a mobile device, go to the "Photos" tab to view and scroll thru the complete video menu
- If you're already a member of the group with an active package, your access continues:
- Until your current UpDog Yoga From Home 1-Month Unlimited Online package expires if you purchased month to month
- Ongoing if you're an Unlimited Annual Pass member or Michigan hospital employee. Hospital employees with valid ID can still request to join for Free anytime (see Healthcare Workers below for details)
- Anyone with a 3-Month Unlimited or 6-Month Unlimited package that recently expired April-June will still receive free access to the group until July 31, 2020 as a courtesy, given a portion of your package was not available for In-Studio class use due to the statewide COVID-19 quarantine March 16 thru present.
- If you're not already a member of the UpDog Facebook Group or your package has expired, visit the Pricing page of our website to view and purchase package options which include Facebook Video Library access:
- Once your purchase is complete, log-in to Facebook and request to join the group: UpDog Yoga From Home Facebook Group
Instructional Video: Navigating UpDog Yoga From Home ONLINE
For more help on navigating how to sign-up for our ONLINE offerings, please view Virginia's instructional video below. There's a lot of detail here, which you can always refer back to as needed.
See below for our Schedule of Classes. Note location of each class for either Rochester ("UpDog Yoga") or Sterling Heights ("UpDog Yoga Sterling"). Click on the filter icon to narrow or expand your view by day/week/location. Note: all classes on weekly schedule are currently "ONLINE Live Stream" until we are permitted to re-open In-Studio.
To view complete descriptions of class types and schedule by individual studio location, go to the "Classes" menu bar at very top left of this page.
Save time by pre-registering online for any classes you'd like to attend by clicking the "Sign-Up" button next to a class. You can also download the free MindBody App to your mobile device (click MindBody button below). Online pre-registration ensures a spot and is required for all ONLINE Live Stream classes. Walk-ins for in-person, in-studio classes are always welcome on a first come, first serve basis after giving first priority to pre-registered clients.
Download a copy of our weekly Schedule of In-Studio or ONLINE Live Stream Yoga Classes for either Rochester or Sterling Hgts. by clicking on the PDF documents below. Package pricing for either/both In-Studio or Online Live Stream classes is also listed in attached, or please visit the Pricing page:
FREE "UpDog Yoga From Home" Online Yoga Classes For Michigan Healthcare Workers Continues
As a continued thank you to all our Healthcare Heroes in our Michigan communities,
UpDog is continuing to offer ongoing access to our Facebook Video Library of Yoga Classes to ALL Michigan Hospital Employees for FREE! including new users.
We appreciate all you have done for our communities throughout the pandemic and are aware that many of you are still working hard and working overtime. We extend gratitude by continuing to offer you 100% free access to our Facebook Video Library of over 270 pre-recorded classes from UpDog instructors. We hope you will continue to enjoy these daily Yoga classes, meditations and mindfulness sessions to help you de-stress.
Haven't joined yet? If you are an active Michigan hospital employee with ID, here's how to receive FREE access to the group in just a few simple steps:
- Take a pic. of your hospital ID and text to 248-388-5487
- Click here UpDog Yoga- From Home then log-in to Facebook and request to join the group (or search "UpDog Yoga From Home" from Facebook)
- Once we verify your ID via text, we will add you to the group and you can begin enjoying all of our session offerings at your convenience anytime
Thank you once again for all you do, as you truly are our heroes in this time of need. Be strong, safe and well and know that you are loved and appreciated beyond words!
Paddle Board Yoga On The Lake At Stony Creek! - Sunday, Aug. 9 or Aug. 23
Join UpDog at Stony Creek Metro Park for fun in the sun with Stand-Up Paddle Board (SUP) Yoga. No prior experience required – come and give SUP a try! Boards, paddles, life vests and instruction provided.
Three Beginner Level class times to choose from on Sunday, Aug. 9 or Aug. 23:
- 11:00AM-12:00PM (Sold-Out for 8/9; Spots available forn 8/23)
- 12:30PM-1:30PM (Sold-Out for 8/9; Spots available for 8/23)
Cost: $32 per person includes board/paddle (advance payment required; park admission not included). Meet at Eastwood Beach.
Pre-register on Workshops page: https://www.updogyoga.com/workshops/workshops-rochester
Or Call: 248.608.6668
Space is limited to 14 per class, so please pre-register early to ensure a spot.
Check out the SUP Yoga Video!
Germicidal UVC Sterilaser™ Now At UpDog Studios: Disinfects All Practice Rooms, Floors and Yoga Mats (including yours) In Seconds!
As we are all mindful of maintaining a clean, germ-free space, we want to introduce you to the Sterilaser™ cleaning device we now have at UpDog and will be using between classes on all floors thruout both studio locations.
This unit is now part of our regular cleaning regimen, in addition to our regular dry and wet mop cleaning procedures we do on all practice room floors as well as hallways, lobby and bathroom floors. What is also very cool is that we can also use it to disinfect all of our rental Yoga mats and can even use on your own personal Yoga mat just by running it across your mat before and/or after class!
Sterilaser delivers a massive dose of germicidal ultraviolet (UVC) light to disinfect any large flat surface. When pulled at a normal walking pace, it kills over 99.7% of all pathogens in its path in less than a quarter of a second (as verified by bio-medical testing at Oakland University and other studies. Click here to view the OU study results.) It is perfectly safe, super quick, easy to use, and a chemical free (Green Technology) product.
It destroys dangerous germs, bacteria and viruses such as Hepatitis, STAPH (including MRSA), E-Coli, Salmonella, HIV and the Influenza-Viruses. Microorganisms, such as ring worm and dust mites are instantly killed, as is mold and mildew. As a "Green Technology" UVC does not contribute to the development of resistant strains of microorganisms, as do other antimicrobials and antibiotics.
Hospitals have been using germicidal UVC for years. The Sterilaser unit in particular has been around for about 7 years and was concepted and manufactured right here in Rochester, MI out of a need to disinfect wrestling and gymnastics mats and is actively used in schools and gymnasiums nationwide. An UpDog client's husband, who is a former wrestler, emailed me about it when we began evaluating and looking for ways to further improve our cleanliness procedures to combat Coronavirus in early March.
We're pleased to be able to find a way to bring this same germicidal technology into the studio to make it as germ free as possible and to give all a little more peace of mind when practicing. We have two Sterilaser units and will use at both of the UpDog Rochester and Sterling Hgts. locations on a daily basis. According to the manufacturer, we are the first Yoga studio nationwide to utilize the Sterilaser and we are excited to bring this technology to our Yoga community!
Check out the video to see the Sterilaser in action!
UpDog Yoga Rochester Practice Room Freshly Re-Painted With A New Look!
Here's a quick video of the new paint color of the Updog Yoga practice room in Rochester. Been working on for a couple of months now and finally 100% done with all primer, paint and caulk and just wanted to share the final product. Looking forward to being able to welcome you to the studio for in-person classes as of June 26!
RYT200 Fall 2020 Yoga Teacher Training
Fall 2020 Yoga Teacher Training begins October 4th, 2020. Training takes place on Sundays, October 4, 2020 through January 10, 2021.
All you need is a desire to teach the change you want to see! UpDog School For Yoga can help you begin an open-hearted journey to becoming a Yoga Instructor as you learn how to share what you love with others – it’s the best thing you’ll ever do!
Our $2,900 price makes UpDog’s training remarkably affordable and you can save up to $400 with early bird discounts:
- Save $100 with $200 deposit prior to July 31, 2020
- Save $300 with tuition paid in full prior to August 15, 2020
- Payment plans are also available
Call or email Jill: 248.608.6668
Take A Virtual Video Tour Of UpDog And Explore Our Beautiful Space!
Visit our second location, UpDog Yoga-Sterling Heights!
Take a virtual video tour of UpDog Yoga-Sterling Heights and our 1,000 sq. ft. practice room located at 13911 19-Mile Road with The Float Institute - a zero gravity float & wellness center. NEW STUDENTS: 5 Yoga Classes for only $15!
Check out our Yoga Class schedule: https://www.updogyoga.com/class-schedule-sterling-heights
UpDog Yoga Welcomes YOU!
UpDog Voted "Best Yoga Studio In Metro-Detroit" by WDIV Click-On Detroit
Visit our beautiful space, warm Yoga community and gifted instructors to see WHY!
UpDog Yoga Named 2018 MINDBODY Visionary!
This award recognizes businesses in the health and wellness industry who are supporting their communities.