UDY CLASS SCHEDULE DOWNLOAD
Friday, May 24th
8:30 am Slow Flow with Valarie Moses
9:45 am Vinyasa with Diana Milne
ALL FRIDAY AFTERNOON & EVENING CLASSES CANCELLED
Saturday, May 25th
8:30 am Vinyasa with Maria Lauinger
10:00 am Basic I with Maria Lauinger
ALL OTHER SATURDAY CLASSES CANCELLED
Sunday, May 26th
8:30 am Vinyasa with Valarie Moses
11:00 am Basic I with Tracy Flynn
ALL OTHER SUNAY CLASSES CANCELLED
Monday, May 27th
8:30 am Cool Vinyasa with Maria Lauinger
9:45 am Basic I with Tracy Flynn
ALL OTHER MONDAY CLASSES CANCELLED
Have a safe and happy
Link to VIY Resource Center
THE “VIY” RESOURCE
Your Gateway to the Heart of UpDog.
You asked for it – you got it:
a dedicated UpDog web site for the Very Important Yogi – you!
Once you’ve logged in (or set up your new account),
you can use the VIY Site for:
- Details on all UpDog School for
Yoga Programs and Materials
- Downloadable brochures, applications,
sign-up forms, more!
- Daily access to the UpDog/Om Squad “Jobs
- The Baba G Blog
- “Tips from the Teachers” (asana
tips from your favorite Dawgs!).
- “Insider” News & Information
(special events, big announcements, pending schedule
It’s fast! It’s easy!
And it’s a great way to stay connected to the
heart of yoga in Rochester!
NOTE: While basic information about
scheduling, the UpDog Teaching team, our studio, the
boutique, workshop dates, and so on will still be available
on the main UpDog site, visitors will ONLY have access
to complete program information via the new VIY Account.
This change goes into effect April 5, 2013, and will
be posted in-studio and on our web site.
THAI YOGA MASSAGE -
Prepare to be Amazed!
Thai Yoga Massage (TYM) is an ancient yoga therapy which
combines yoga postures with touch technique to promote
deep relaxation and healing, improve circulation, boost
the immune system, and balance the body energetically,
thus facilitating mind-body integration. As a therapeutic
practice, TYM is a dynamic form of yoga for the practitioner
as well as the recipient, enhancing one's sense of alignment,
posture and health.
UpDog Yoga Presents...
THE OM SQUAD: BRINGING YOGA 2 LIFE!
THE BROCHURE EVENT
PHOTOS & MORE
Om Squad© is a
traveling Yoga 2 Go© team of certified yoga and
meditation instructors who provide yoga outreach, including
charitable work, for organizations, corporations, schools,
hospitals, shelters and special events in and around
Michigan.The Om Squad’s Mission is to provide first-rate,
certified yoga and meditation instruction for groups
and organizations that might not otherwise have an opportunity
to experience the healing, restorative benefits that
yoga and meditation practices bring to life. The Om Squad
is a turn-key, fully-integrated traveling team of yogis
who provide Yoga 2 Go -- everything your organization
needs to offer professional instruction on yoga, meditation,
mindfulness and breathing techniques to any size group. The
Squad consists of:
For more information on scheduling the UpDog Om Squad for your organization or group, or to get more information on Om Squad pricing, including “pro bono” community charitable outreach offerings, please contact:
• Yoga Alliance® Registered Yoga Teachers
• Experienced Meditation Instructors
• Portable “Yoga 2 Go” sets of Mats, Props and Materials
• Portable Sound Systems, Hand-outs, etc.
Duane Utech, Owner, UpDog Yoga
firstname.lastname@example.org | 248-608-6668
210 W. University, Suite 7, Rochester, MI 48307
STUDENTS - TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
We would like to extend a special welcome to the many, many new students who have selected UpDog as the place to learn and grow their personal yoga practice -- we are deeply honored that you chose UpDog!
Note that all new students are required to complete a New Student Waiver Form.
Please contact the office at 248-608-6668 if you have any questions. Here are some tips and suggestions as you enter on this exciting new path to physical and mental wellness:
- Please try to arrive 10 minutes or so prior to the scheduled class start time.
- Avoid eating at least 2-3 hours before you practice.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after class, but try to avoid drinking fluids during class.
- Free towels are available outside the practice room.
- Loaner mats are available for a nominal ($1) fee.
- Feel free to use the changing room to store your personal belongings during class.
- Start with Basic I, Yin, Basic Backs or TheraYoga Classes. Move to Level II, Ashtanga and/or Vinyasa classes if you feel you need more of a challenge.
- Be sure to tell your teacher(s) about any specific physical limitations.
- When in doubt, set up next to one of UpDog's more experienced students; feel free to practice "gawk-asana" (watching someone else practice a pose) if you feel lost.
- Have fun! Smile! Be grateful you're on the top side of your mat.